Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM) Training
The Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM) class is for Certified ScrumMasters who already have a year’s experience and need to take the next step in learning, scaling, and dealing with resistance, in order to become true experts.
We offer this training as an in-person training (2 days) as well as a remote course (usually 3x5 h).
Our Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) training class is a two-day learning experience for Certified ScrumMasters who already have at least one-year experience and need to take a further step in learning, scaling, facilitating and coaching, in order to become true experts. The A-CSM program is the second step in the Scrum Alliance Path to CSP program and it is designed to build on your previous knowledge and experience and further enhance your skills in the service of the Team, the Product Owner and the whole organization.
The class is presented in a highly interactive and collaborative format with elements of lecture, classroom discussion, exercises, games and simulations, smoothly blended throughout the class.
Upon completion of the class, students who have at least 1 year experience as a Scrum Master will be eligible to become an Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM).
- Agile and Scrum
- The ScrumMaster
- Facilitating Team Conversations
- Coaching Approach
- Team Dynamics
- Structured Team Coaching
- Removing Impediments
- Conflict Resolution
- Structured Team Coaching
- Definition of Done
- Engineering Practices
- The Product Vision
- Product Backlog and Refinement
- Scrum and the Organization
- Scaling Scrum
- Self‐developing as a ScrumMaster
In order to obtain the A-CSM certification, you will need to attend the 3-day A-CSM training, hold a Scrum Alliance CSM certificate and demonstrate at least one-year work experience specific to the role of ScrumMaster (from within the past five years).
Who should attend
The A-CSM course is appropriate for Certified ScrumMasters with at least 1 year experience as a Scrum Master. This is the perfect opportunity to further develop in the principles and practices of Scrum within an Agile team or organization, whilst taking the next step on your journey towards becoming a Certified Scrum Professional.
Even though the course is appropriate for Certified ScrumMasters with at least 1 years’ experience, you can still attend the class if you are short of your required experience. You will only receive certification after the full 1 year is completed.
- Experience: Over the years, agile42 has delivered Scrum & Agile training to thousands of professionals worldwide. Our instructors have decades of experience using and coaching Scrum in hundreds of organizations large and small.
- Excellent ratings: We consistently receive excellent ratings from our participants.
- Techniques: In all of our classes, we use techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from the Back of the Room.
- Engaging: Our courses are highly interactive and fun - not a PowerPoint assault, and our participants stay engaged throughout the class, learn by doing, and have fun along the way. When learners talk and teach, they learn. - Sharon Bowman
- Practical and Memorable: Participants learn through hands-on exercises - creating high knowledge retention.
- Sustainable: We are contributing to a greener planet by decreasing our carbon footprint by not having people travel to the venue, and less paper usage in terms of flipcharts and post-it notes.
Included in the training:
- Eligibility to become an Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM)
- Certificate + two-years membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Slack channel to continue collaborating with your classmates after the class and access to trainers to ask questions
- A hard copy of “The Hitchhiker's Guide to Agile Coaching” book
- Option to join the agile42 Community and get access to a number of free learning resources, like books, articles and videos
- Life-long warranty on the course: e-mail access to the trainers
PMP and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications
Participants may claim 14 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs) which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications.
Participants also earn 14 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) towards the renewal of any previous certification you hold from the Scrum Alliance.
"This was by far the best professional course that I've attended. If all were this engaging I'd attend many more. Thank you!"
- Karen R., Data Operation Manager
"Eleven months later, what has stuck with me the most is that the training provided an expansive tool belt of techniques and concepts. I feel I can draw on the tool belt any time I need."
- Mitchell F., Program Management Consultant
"I can honestly say this was hands down the best training class I have ever attended. You guys do an amazing job facilitating and keeping people interested. I am so excited to use the new tools in my toolbox for my sprint planning on Monday, and easily passed the CSM test with the knowledge I obtained in your class."
- Stephanie C., Project Manager
"The training reinforced for me the paradigm shift from the waterfall approach in a monolithic organization to Agile’s concept of servant leadership. Yes, I’m leading the team, but I’m here to enable your success."
- Michael M., Senior Project Manager
On Online A-CSM Course
"Great facilitators, and the course worked really well online - thank you!"
- Gregg B.