This course is an intense introduction to Agile Product Management, requirements definition and the Scrum framework.
We offer this training as an in-person training (2 days) as well as a remote course (usually 3x5 h).
The Product Owner Journey
Leading a successful Agile transformation requires new practices that help your organization best support your business goals, respond effectively to change, help leaders guide teams, make the right technology decisions and much more.
This highly interactive introduction to the principles and practices of Agile/Scrum leads to the group creating a real product backlog. Starting by defining a product vision, the group works through each phase of the requirements definition process, creating each artifact in full, and learning how to evolve the agile requirements needed to iteratively and incrementally deliver the valuable products your customers need.
Ideal for product owners, product managers, business analysts (BAs) and business stakeholders and representatives looking to apply the Agile/Scrum principles and practices.
2 days / or 3x5 hours remote
PDUs and Scrum Alliance SEUs (toward CSP certification): 14
- Understand the principles underlying agile methodologies and how to apply them in a team context
- Gain a common vocabulary and understanding of the Scrum framework, including the roles and responsibilities of the ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Development Team and how to collaborate with them
- Learn how to write effective user stories that meet the INVEST criteria, and practice breaking user stories into smaller stories using the nine patterns for splitting user stories
- Create a viable project vision, release forcast and visualise progress for an agile project. Discover how documentation, governance and reporting differ between a PMI and an agile project
- Experience the product definition process, from visioning to user stories using such tools as Lean Product Canvas and User Story Mapping
- Practice estimating value and using the Business Value Game for managing conflicting stakeholder priorities
- Learn how to create a release forecast without defining each and every requirement at the outset. Understand agile product discovery and the power of iterative methods for risk management
- Learn the characteristics of good, well-formed user stories and how to create them in a structured way
- Learn through doing, building an actual product vision, release forcast and backlog from start to finish
- Understand how to make progress visible and how to facilitate successful delivery of a project to fixed date and/or fixed time
- Attending the entire course qualifies you to receive the Certified Scrum Product Owner certification.
"Brilliant course, well above expectations! It is very practical and gives me many tools to use in my job as a PO. Great interactivity. I have also appreciated that even the round tables and exercises were made using the Scrum Master toolbox and are also usable for us in our jobs. Well done, team!"
- Maria K.
"I want to thank you for the awesome CSPO course. I can’t say enough about how life-changing it was for me. I’m trying to move into the product space from an engineering and e-commerce background, and I can’t believe I was trying to do it before doing this course. I’ve gained knowledge and experience far beyond the scope of the course and I feel far more qualified and confident to get out there. I’ll definitely be back for the advanced module once I’ve put some of this into practice."
- Ann R.