Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) Training
The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) class is a two-day learning experience for Certified ScrumMasters who already have a year’s experience and need to take the next step in learning, scaling, and dealing with resistance, in order to become true experts. The A-CSM program is designed to build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced skills for the implementation of Scrum and Agile techniques within your company and teams.
agile42's 2-day follow-up to our extremely popular Certified ScrumMaster training blends coaching and training approaches to deliver a deeper dive into Agile and Scrum, allowing ScrumMasters to form a richer understanding of their role and how to take their organization to the next level.
In this Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) course, we will recap the Agile principles and practices, whilst focusing on the role of the ScrumMaster. With regards to the Development Team, we will cover facilitation, coaching techniques, team dynamics, and ways of removing internal and external impediments. We will also spend time on more advanced practical knowledge, such as Engineering Practices and understanding the Definition of Done. We will focus on the collaboration with the Product Owner, forming a Product Vision, and the advanced approach to artifacts such as the Product Backlog and Refinement. Finally, we will look at the ScrumMaster’s ability to create change at an organizational level, how to scale Scrum, and the potential for personal self-development.
Duration: 2 days
Learning Objectives fulfilled by this course
- Lean, Agile and Scrum: the history of Scrum and Agile, the expression of the values and principles of the Agile Manifesto in Scrum, other Lean/Agile frameworks, empirical Process Control
- Agile Facilitation: divergent and convergent thinking, frames of reference, decision-making, listening techniques, when should the ScrumMaster be a facilitator and when not
- Agile Coaching: coaching approaches and techniques
- Service to the Development Team: nurturing self-organization, dealing with challenges, understanding team dynamics, models of team formation and development, what makes an effective Agile Team.
- Service to the Product Owner: creating a strong Definition of Done and Product Vision, understanding of technical practices, moving from Vision to Product Backlog, coaching the Product Owner
- Service to the Organization: resolving impediments, dealing with dependencies between teams, scaling approaches, when to scale and when not to scale, making organizational change happen
- ScrumMastery: personal development according to the Scrum Values, awareness of personal drives and reactions to conflict, the ScrumMaster as Servant Leader
In order to obtain the A-CSM certification, you will need to attend the 2-day A-CSM training, hold an active CSM certificate and demonstrate at least one-year work experience specific to the role of ScrumMaster (from within the past five years).
Our book The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Agile Coaching (will be provided) is required reading for this course.
This training fulfills all the learning objectives for an Advanced level CSM and is necessary in order to progress as a Scrum Alliance member, in addition to related work experience.
|Date||Nov. 18, 2019 Details|