Our Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master training class provides students with a full immersion into what it takes to be a great Scrum Master.
Who should attend:
Our classes are open to anyone wanting to be a QUALIFIED Scrum Master. This can include project managers, team leaders, developers, business analysts, and HR managers among many others. However, we encourage anyone looking to learn the best tricks of the trade as a Servant Leader in an Agile environment to attend.
What you’ll learn:
- How to shift mindsets via coaching and values-based behaviour.
- Practical application of the Scrum theory via simulations.
- Deep understanding of:
- Contextual Servant Leadership.
- Facilitation of Scrum Events.
- Accountabilities of Scrum team roles.
- Do’s and don’ts of a GREAT Scrum Master.
- Influencing over dictating.
- Building your own toolbox.
- 100% prepared for the Scrum Alliance exam.
- What does a Scrum Master do within a team?
- How can you as a Scrum Master Lead without Leading?
- Continuous Improvement and Self-organisation within teams.
- The art of User Story Mapping: To Do, Doing and Done.
- Scrum Events: The Sprint, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- How to facilitate successful Scrum Events?
- The Scrum Artefacts: the Product Backlog, the Sprint Backlog, and the Increment.
- Common mistakes seen in the Scrum Master role.
- Adapting the agile framework successfully.
How long is the course?
This is a two-day course and for all in-person training includes a catered lunch and snacks throughout each day.
Is there a virtual option?
Yes. We offer a remote version of this course should you not be able to attend our Cape Town and Johannesburg venues.
How many seats are there per class?
We have 20 available seats per class, with a strong focus on personalised facilitation by our trainer.
How do I pay for the course?
Payment is made via EFT. You will find our bank account details on the invoice. Payment is due two weeks prior to the course date.
How do I get certified?
Following the 2-day training, we will register you with the Scrum Alliance®. You will need to activate your Scrum Alliance® account and pass your CSM test by correctly answering 37 out of the 50 questions within the 60-minute time limit.
Is this course recognised internationally?
Yes, this course is internationally recognised.
Will I earn Scrum Alliance points?
You will earn 14 Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Is the certification included in the price?
Yes, the Scrum Master certification is included in our course fee as well as two years membership of the Scrum Alliance®.
Does my certification expire?
Your Scrum Master certification will expire after a period of two years. In order to keep your certification active, you will need to renew it for a further 2 years. A renewal involves earning 20 Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) within the past 2 years that validate your participation and continued proficiency in the fundamental principles and practices of Scrum. You will also need to pay a renewal fee of $100.
Please follow this link for further information on the renewal process.
How can my company pay for my booking?
Your company can pay via EFT. When booking online, please include your company details upon checkout. Once your booking has been received, we will manually raise an invoice for payment. You will find our bank account details on the invoice.
Can I cancel my booking?
We require two weeks cancellation / postponement notice prior to the course start date.