Kanban System Design (KMP I) Training
agile42’s introduction to Kanban System Design provides an energetic and engaging introduction to the Kanban management method.
- Duration: 16h
- Delivery: Remote / Face-to-face
- Certifications: KMP I certificate (Kanban University)
- PDU & Scrum Alliance SEUs: 14 SEUs / PDUs
Many organisations face common issues like delays, disruption of plans from unplanned activities & emergencies, slowness to react, overburdening of people, poor quality, unpredictable delivery, and unhappy customers.
Participants will learn The Kanban Method, understanding its foundational principles and how to effectively put them into practice to address the above-mentioned issues and more.
Games and activities will provide hands-on experience, letting participants understand that Kanban is not just “putting post-its on a board” and how it fits very different contexts, such as product development and service delivery.
Attendees will learn how and why workflow slows down or stops and how to deal with overburden, bottlenecks, and queues to smooth and optimise the flow of value through their system.
We will look at how and why Kanban is a flexible approach to managing change, and how to design and set up fast learning experiments.
Bring your own problems and questions!
- What is Kanban? Understand its roots, the principles, and the practices.
- How to visualise work, identifying dysfunctions and issues.
- Balancing demand and capacity.
- How to work with shifting priorities.
- How to deal with work interruption and multi-tasking.
- Adopting a service-oriented mindset.
- Using metrics and charts to improve process and delivery.
- Selecting what to start, what to postpone, and what to drop. Managing risk.
- Identifying Classes of Services and defining Service Level Agreements.
- Starting with Kanban: STATIK.
- Kanban at different scales: at team level, multiple teams, multiple projects, etc.
This course is designed for any professional who is responsible for product/project delivery or is part of a delivery or service team. Kanban works across all levels of an organisation, from senior members of staff to members of delivery teams, and is appropriate for anyone wishing to improve their working environment and delivery capability.
There is no pre-requisite for attending this class.
The KMP I certificate is preferred to attend the KMP II (Kanban Systems Improvement) Training. Students who complete the KMP I + KMP II training will earn the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential.
Included in the training
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson.
- Certificate of Completion of Kanban University Certified Kanban Training.
- Digital format Membership in Kanban University and a listing in the KU Alumni Directory.
- Slack channel to continue collaborating and access to the trainers.
In the case of a remote training
- We will use Zoom as a video conferencing platform.
- We will use Slack as an additional messaging channel.
- We will use Miro as an online whiteboard for digital collaboration.
- Experience: Over the years, agile42 has delivered Scrum & Agile training to thousands of professionals worldwide. Our instructors have decades of experience using and coaching Scrum in hundreds of organizations large and small.
- Excellent ratings: We consistently receive excellent ratings from our participants.
- Techniques: In all of our classes, we use techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from the Back of the Room.
- Engaging: Our courses are highly interactive and fun – not a PowerPoint assault and our participants stay engaged throughout the class, learn by doing, and have fun along the way. When learners talk and teach, they learn. -Sharon Bowman
- Practical and Memorable: Participants learn through hands-on exercises – creating high knowledge retention.
- Sustainable: We are contributing to a greener planet by decreasing our carbon footprint by not having people travel to the venue and less paper usage in terms of flipcharts and post-it notes.