Develop a keen appreciation for what’s possible when strong and skillful facilitation is present.
We offer this training as in-person training (2 days) as well as a remote course (4x4 hr).
The ICP-ATF two-day course is one of two certified courses on the Agile Coaching track from ICAgile. It focuses primarily on the role and mindset of an agile team facilitator and group facilitation tools and techniques you can use to effectively design and facilitate meetings and workshops. It teaches you how to design such sessions for better collaboration and enable stronger focus on decisive outcomes.
Have you ever experienced any of the following scenarios?
- Participants checking out / disengaging
- Only one or two dominant voices being present in discussion
- Discussing the same topic over and over without establishing agreed-upon outcomes
- Not getting through the whole agenda
- Having extensive discussions for even the simplest of matters
- Blowing right through timeboxes (ending much later than anticipated)
If you have, and you’d like to make a difference that will put an end to such experiences, then equipping yourself with the necessary skills to create environments of high collaboration, passionate engagement, and where self-organization thrives is key!
Join us and develop a keen appreciation for what’s possible when strong and skillful facilitation is present.
Who should attend?
Effective facilitation of meetings both in a team and organizational context is a powerful skill for any Leader, Coach, Scrum Master, Product Owner, Business Analyst and all the aspiring Leaders of tomorrow.
Those wishing to attend should already have some hands-on agile experience and have attended either an Agile Fundamentals (ICAgile Certified Professional) or CSM (Certified ScrumMaster) or equivalent course before. That which you’ll learn and uncover in this course will build well onto the experience you’ve gained till now.
What will I learn?
- What the Agile Team Facilitation Mindset entails
- How to define the purpose and outcomes for facilitation
- How to design the flow of the process and structure for facilitation
- How to maintain neutrality and create a collaborative space
- How to facilitate for full participation
- How to facilitate collaborative conversations
- How decisions are made
- How to facilitate Scrum Events
- Understanding how physical space influences facilitation
What can I expect from the training?
Over the years, agile42 has delivered Scrum & Agile training to thousands of professionals worldwide. We consistently receive excellent ratings from our participants. In all of our training, we use techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from the Back of the Room. Participants stay engaged throughout the class, learn by doing, and have fun along the way.
If you would like to talk to one of our trainers, to help you decide if this course is suitable for you, we will be happy to arrange it.
A participant's voice
Really enjoyed my first remote training and am now a Certified Agile Team Facilitator. Thank you to agile42 and Mariet Visser for a fantastic course. Looking forward to using my toolbox in future facilitations.