ICAgile Team Facilitation Certification (ICP-ATF)
Develop a keen appreciation for what’s possible when strong and skilful facilitation is present.
- Duration: 16h
- Delivery: Remote / Face-to-face
- Certifications: ICAgile Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF) certification
- PDU: You can claim 14 PDUs for this training
The ICP-ATF course is one of two certified courses on the Agile Coaching track from ICAgile. It focuses primarily on the role and mindset of an agile team facilitator and group facilitation tools and techniques you can use to effectively design and facilitate meetings and workshops. It teaches you how to design such sessions for better collaboration and enable stronger focus on decisive outcomes.
Have you ever experienced any of the following scenarios?
- Participants checking out / disengaging
- Only one or two dominant voices being present in discussion
- Discussing the same topic over and over without establishing agreed-upon outcomes
- Not getting through the whole agenda
- Having extensive discussions for even the simplest of matters
- Blowing right through timeboxes (ending much later than anticipated)
If you have, and you’d like to make a difference that will put an end to such experiences, then equipping yourself with the necessary skills to create environments of high collaboration, passionate engagement, and where self-organization thrives is key!
Join us and develop a keen appreciation for what’s possible when strong and skilful facilitation is present.
There is no pre-requisite for attending this class. However, those wishing to attend should already have some hands-on agile experience and have attended either an Agile Fundamentals (ICAgile Certified Professional) or CSM (Certified ScrumMaster) or equivalent course before. That which you’ll learn and uncover in this course will build well onto the experience you’ve gained till now.
Effective facilitation of meetings both in a team and organizational context is a powerful skill for any leader, coach, Scrum Master, Product Owner and Business Analyst.
Anyone who is an agile team leader or an aspiring team leader with a passion for servant leadership and a desire to learn and practice the art of facilitation in the context of team facilitation and coaching will benefit from this course.
- What the Agile Team Facilitation Mindset entails
- How to define the purpose and outcomes for facilitation
- How to design the flow of the process and structure for facilitation
- How to maintain neutrality and create a collaborative space
- How to facilitate for full participation
- How to facilitate collaborative conversations
- How decisions are made
- How to facilitate Scrum Events
- Understanding how physical space influences facilitation
In case of a remote training
- We will use Zoom as a video conferencing platform.
- We will use Slack as an additional messaging channel.
- We will use Miro as an online whiteboard for digital collaboration.
- Experience: Over the years, agile42 has delivered Scrum & Agile training to thousands of professionals worldwide. Our instructors have decades of experience using and coaching Scrum in hundreds of organizations large and small.
- Excellent ratings: We consistently receive excellent ratings from our participants.
- Techniques: In all of our classes, we use techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from the Back of the Room.
- Engaging: Our courses are highly interactive and fun – not a PowerPoint assault, and our participants stay engaged throughout the class, learn by doing, and have fun along the way. When learners talk and teach, they learn. -Sharon Bowman
- Practical and Memorable: Participants learn through hands-on exercises – creating high knowledge retention.
- Sustainable: We are contributing to a greener planet by decreasing our carbon footprint by not having people travel to the venue, and less paper usage in terms of flipcharts and post-it notes.