- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Access: You will have access to the course content for 30 days from the date of purchase
- Group discount: If you would like to purchase this course for a team, please contact us
The VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) world is characterized by continuous change and calls for radical rethinking in management and the establishment of a vibrant culture of innovation. In this context, the flexible and versatile approach of Design Thinking enables rapid sprints and can set clear direction throughout the entire organization. It enables people to be more flexible and tackle complex problems, and it fosters an agile and innovative mindset in the long term. Furthermore, the Design Thinking principles can be transferred and applied easily to any field, in business as well as in the private context.
With this course you will understand why human centricity and empathy are at the core of Design Thinking and how Design Thinking is useful for innovation. You will learn what is necessary to collaborate creatively and effectively. You will be introduced to plenty of tools and methods for the six Design Thinking phases that you can try out with your team and customers immediately.
The course is composed of a mix of instructional reading texts, resources, practice recommendations and interactive quizzes, which aim at stimulating different parts of our brain and thus help you retain the information better. To ensure that you can effectively apply Design Thinking in your context, a number of downloadable templates for different methods and techniques are included in the course.
Design Thinking Online Course Outcomes
- Describe the key elements of the Design Thinking approach and how they support the creation of innovative solutions
- Explain what the Design Thinking process looks like and how it supports product development teams
- Apply different Design Thinking tools and methods in the six phases of the process
- List the six principles of Design Thinking
The course targets Design Thinking beginners, product developers, product owners, development team members and designers who want to know more about and start practicing Design Thinking, human-centred design and innovation methods. The course is also intended for anyone who wants to refresh their Design Thinking knowledge and skills or get to know more tools and techniques to apply.
- Design Thinking in the VUCA World
- Design Thinking and Innovation
- Who Can Benefit from Design Thinking?
- The History of Design Thinking
- The Design Thinking Approach
- The Design Thinking Process
- How to Practice Design Thinking