Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Training
agile42’s highly interactive Scrum Master certification introduces you to the principles and practices of Agile and the Scrum framework provides an energetic yet deep introduction to Agile and how it works.
- Duration: 16h
- Delivery: Remote / Face-to-face
- Certifications: CSM Certification (Scrum Alliance)
- PDU & Scrum Alliance SEUs (toward CSP cert): 14 SEUs / PDUs
Our Certified Scrum Master (CSM) training class is a learning experience that provides students a full immersion into what it takes to be a great Scrum Master. You will learn the theory, the values and elements that define the Scrum framework, and how a great Scrum Master uses them skill-fully in the service of the Team, the Product Owner and the whole organization.
The class is presented in a highly interactive and collaborative format with elements of lecture, classroom discussion, exercises, games and simulations, smoothly blended throughout the class. We will approach the class at a sustainable pace and endeavour to take breaks often, to allow our brain to stay focused and our body to recharge when necessary.
Upon completion of the class, students will be eligible to take the Certified Scrum Master exam and become a Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
There is no pre-requisite for attending this class.
The Certified Scrum Master course is appropriate for aspiring Scrum Masters, development team members, managers, project managers, and organizational team leaders seeking a deep understanding of the principles and practices of Scrum, and those seeking to be an effective Servant Leader or Scrum Master within an Agile team or organization.
- Scrum Foundations (partly as preparation for the class)
- Scrum in a Nutshell
- The Scrum Team
- Servant Leadership
- Introduction to Agile Coaching
- Introduction to Agile Facilitation
- Coaching the Product Owner
- Coaching the Development Team
- Coaching Scrum Organizations
- Daily Scrum
- Definition of Done
- Product Backlog & Refinement
- Sprint, Sprint Planning and Sprint Backlog
- Sprint Review and Increment
- Sprint Retrospective
- A full simulation of a Scrum project
Included in the training
- Eligibility to take the Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster exam and become a Certified ScrumMaster
- Certificate + two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Slack channel to continue collaborating with your classmates after the class and access trainers to ask questions
- Link to the Do Better Scrum booklet
- Option to join the agile42 Community and get access to a number of free learning resources, like books, articles and videos
- Life-long warranty on the course: e-mail access to the trainers
In case of a remote training
- We will use Zoom as a video conferencing platform.
- We will use Slack as an additional messaging channel.
- We will use Miro as an online whiteboard for digital collaboration.
- Experience: Over the years, agile42 has delivered Scrum & Agile training to thousands of professionals worldwide. Our instructors have decades of experience using and coaching Scrum in hundreds of organizations large and small.
- Excellent ratings: We consistently receive excellent ratings from our participants.
- Techniques: In all of our classes, we use techniques from Accelerated Learning and in particular principles and concepts from Training from the Back of the Room.
- Engaging: Our courses are highly interactive and fun – not a PowerPoint assault, and our participants stay engaged throughout the class, learn by doing, and have fun along the way. When learners talk and teach, they learn. -Sharon Bowman
- Practical and Memorable: Participants learn through hands-on exercises – creating high knowledge retention.
- Sustainable: We are contributing to a greener planet by decreasing our carbon footprint by not having people travel to the venue, and less paper usage in terms of flipcharts and post-it notes.