- Lessons: reading, video and quizzes
- Duration: 1-2 hours
- Access: You will have access to the course content for 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Group discount: If you would like to purchase this course for a team, please contact us
Self-organization is a crucial capability of an agile team. The Agile Manifesto promotes self-organization in its twelve principles, highlighting that self-organizing teams produce the best work.
By completing this course, you will get introduced to the fundamental characteristics of a self-organizing team and which levers you can use to help your team improve their level of self-organization. You will learn a simple yet useful model to form and lead a self-organizing team and create the right conditions for effective collaboration and high performance.
The course is composed of a mix of instructional reading texts, resources, practice recommendations and interactive quizzes, which aim at stimulating different parts of our brain and thus help learning more and retain the learning longer.
- Express what real teams need to self-organize
- List different levels of self-organization and what responsibilities a team has in each of them
- Describe at least three characteristics of self-organizing teams
- Recognize that self-organizing teams need support from leadership
- Identify at least four elements which impact self-organization
- Explain at least three behaviors which characterize shared leadership
The course is mainly designed for Scrum Masters, team leaders, team coaches who are not new to Agile and Scrum, but want to become more effective in supporting their teams and organization to become more collaborative and productive. The course is also intended for anyone who is approaching agility and Scrum and curious about team dynamics or is struggling with their team performance: engineers, business analysts, project managers, leaders.
Agile is now used across industries, so marketing specialists, data scientists, HR representatives, and other professionals looking for a better way to nurture high performing teams are encouraged to take the course.
- What is self-organization?
- Levels of self-organization
- Characteristics of self-organization
- Supporting self-organization: DECK model
- Leadership as a team sport
- Practical components