The basics of Kanban have taken hold and are already being used in daily operations. However, you have a feeling that you could get more out of it. This is most certainly the case, and agile42 will show you how in Kanban Systems Improvement.
The Kanban Development Path
Kanban Systems Improvement Overview
In the Kanban Systems Improvement training, we work on scaling, prioritizing and forecasting—those themes which need a system that has been in place for a while and has somewhat matured. This training focuses solely on improving your system through the exchange of ideas with other Kanban practitioners. After attending this training, you will uncover the potential still hidden in your system, even if you are currently using Kanban successfully.
Kanban Systems Improvement is training for advanced practitioners who are currently using a Kanban system and wish to develop it further. You will learn about the techniques which can be used to achieve the full-potential of your Kanban system.
This course is the second of two courses required to achieve the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) accreditation.
- Managing Evolutionary Change
- Dealing with Resistance to Change
- Feedback Loops and Continuous Learning
- Implementing and Scaling out Kanban
- Balancing Demand and Capability
- Optimizing Flow and Predictability
After this course, you will be able to:
- improve your Kanban system
- accurately predict when your work will be finished
- make prioritization decisions based on economic factors instead of hunches
- scale your Kanban system to generate more value for your company
- implement the most important advanced flow concepts in your daily work
- Portfolio Kanban (Discovery and Delivery Kanban)
- Commitment Types
- Cost of Delay
- Scaling Out Kanban
- Throughput Forecasting Simulation
- Kanban Meetings and Roles - the 7 cadences
- Replenishment Meeting
- Kanban Meeting
- Service Planning
- Service Delivery Review
- Risk Review
- Operation Review
- Strategy Review
- Statik in depth
- Advanced Metrics
- KMP I attendance
- participants are expected to have read Kanban by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows
- some experience using a Kanban system
- Duration: 16h
- Delivery: Remote
- KMP II certificate of course completion (Kanban University)
- KMP I plus KMP II will earn you the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential
- Renewed membership with Kanban University
- Slack channel to continue collaborating and access to the trainers.
- agile42 Community/Alumni access 2 month for free
- PDU & Scrum Alliance SEUs (toward CSP cert): 14
agile42 and Kanban University have been working together since 2017, spreading Kanban around the world. We thank Gaetano Mazzanti, Mike Freislich, and Rochelle Roos for all your contributions to Kanban University and community! #YesWeKanban
- Kanban University
Kanban Practitioners, Project or Program Managers, Business Analysts, Line and Middle Managers (both within and outside of IT), Management Coaches / Trainers and Process Improvement Coaches interested in maximizing the effectiveness of their Kanban adoptions.