The Certified Agile Leadership Program for Team and Organization Leaders (CAL-E, CAL-T & CAL-O) is the industry standard and most widely recognized program in agile leadership. This class will help you discover how your natural, cultural dispositions might affect your teams, and learn how to create a safe-to-fail environment that fosters a culture of creativity, transparency, inspection and adaptation.
The 3-day program is structured in three parts.
The first day is focused on personal leadership development and company culture. This day will allow you to discover the way agile leaders think, focus, and behave.
- Why resilience and agility are required in today’s world
- Introduction to ORGANIC agility® framework: a scaffolding approach to achieve organizational agility
- Leadership foundations and organizational archetypes: mapping organization, culture and leadership
- Leadership behaviors and development: how an effective leader in the 21st century can adopt a multi-dimensional leadership approach
- Organizational culture: why it matters, what it is, how it can be described, and how you can influence your organization’s culture
The second day of Certified Agile Leadership training is focused on leading organizations, including organizational design and strategy. At the end of this day, you will position yourself to sustainably transform your business to one that delivers better products and services to your customers. Through case studies and various models, you will discover and embrace sustainable agility, with insight into the mindset, approaches, and practices that can work for your organization.
- The Cynefin framework and situational decision-making approaches
- Focus on value: organizational design and enablers to customer centricity
- Competency assessment: how to equip your organization to deliver value more effectively
- Organizational strategy and change in a complex environment: validating learning in small steps
- Optimizing value flow: collaboration across multiple teams
The third day is focused on leading teams. Agile teams require an alternative to the traditional leadership approaches of the past in order to navigate this uncertain and ambiguous world: how to create a safe-to-fail environment that fosters a culture of transparency, inspection, creativity, and adaptation?. This day will bring you awareness and understanding on how to embrace the changing dynamics in today’s world of work and equipping you with the practices you need to effectively lead your teams with agility.
- Leading high performing teams: team dynamics and techniques to increase team effectiveness
- Leading high performing teams: team motivation
- Coaching approach and foundational coaching competencies
- How to make your organization more agile: deconstruction of a case study
A solid education is extremely important to become a better leader, especially if you are starting the journey or want to deepen and practice your agile leadership skills: this course will equip you to embark confidently on the journey toward leading with agility.
The Certified Agile Leadership class is presented in a highly interactive and collaborative format with elements of lecture, classroom discussion, exercises, games and simulations, smoothly blended throughout the class. We will approach the class at a sustainable pace and endeavor to take breaks often, to allow our brains to stay focused and our bodies to recharge when necessary.