agile42 eLearning Course
Product Ownership Foundations
This online Product Owner course is designed to help you understand what product ownership is and what the main components of an agile approach to product management are.
Whether you are using Scrum, Kanban or any other framework, they are all pretty lightweight and do not give you much more guidance than sketching the main accountabilities of a Product Owner. But you will soon realize that you need to know many more things to perform your job successfully.
The course is also available in the following languages/countries:
•🇿🇦 South African Rand •🇹🇷 Turkish Lira •🇧🇷 Brazilian Real
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- You will have access to the course content for 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Discount: If you would like to purchase this course for a team, please contact us.
Upon completing this online course, you will be able to:
- Express what the goal of a Product Owner is
- Summarize what a Product Owner should focus on to create great products
- Identify at least three strategies and one tool for creating an engaging and inspiring product vision
- Explain at least two principles of an adaptive product strategy
- Recognize at least one tool to facilitate a structured conversation around business opportunities
- List three steps to explore user needs and create a persona
- Express at least two behaviours which are useful during a customer interview
- Identify the different elements in a story map and repeat the steps in a story mapping process
- Recognize the purpose of Product Backlog refinement and record at least two ways of performing it
- Explain when a Product Backlog Item is ready to be pulled into a Sprint
- Restate at least two goals that can be achieved with user stories
- Describe what a Definition of Done is
- Identify at least two ways to determine the absolute business value and at least two techniques for the relative estimation of value
- Summarize at least two factors which contribute to meaningful forecasting
By completing this course, you will learn the fundamental tools and practices to be an effective Product Owner and improve your skills in a wide spectrum, ranging from visioning and strategy to understanding user needs, collaborating with stakeholders and managing an emergent Product Backlog.
The course is composed of a mix of instructional reading texts, resources, practice recommendations and interactive quizzes, which aim at stimulating different parts of our brain and thus help learn more and retain the learning longer.
The course represents a solid foundational milestone in the journey towards a deeper understanding and practical application of product ownership and will prepare you in taking the next steps, for instance a Certified Scrum Product Owner® certification.
The course is designed for anyone new to an agile environment: engineers, business analysts, project managers, leaders or anyone else who is intrigued to know more about the secrets of effective product ownership and do it in their own time and at their own pace.
The course is also designed for Product Owner and Product Managers who are not new to agile approaches, but want to become more effective in collaborating with their teams and their stakeholders to create products that customers love.
- Introduction to Product Ownership
- Product Vision
- Product Strategy
- Understanding User Needs
- Product Backlog
- User Stories
- Story Mapping
- Product Backlog Refinement
- Value-Based Prioritization
- Story Mapping
- Release Strategies
- Estimation and Forecasting
We offer these courses as a next step :
What is Product Ownership?
Product ownership involves a whole set of activities to make a product great and have a positive impact on customers and maybe on the whole society. Those things are called outcomes. What characterizes great product thinking is focusing on those outcomes as opposed to simply building things.
A Product Owner’s responsibilities are therefore broad and vary across organizations, but can generally be summarized as being accountable for maximizing the value of the product. They work closely with customers to decide what needs to be built next and should constantly be asking: “How can we deliver the most value next?”
This course will help you move the first steps towards becoming a proficient Product Owner and provide you with an effective approach and concrete tools and practices you can put into practice straight away.