agile42 eLearning Course
ORGANIC agility Leadership Foundations
This course helps you understand why resilience and agility are required for an increasingly complex, unpredictable and volatile world. It introduces an approach to achieve organizational agility and explains how to lead effectively.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe different approaches needed in different market & product lifecycle
- List at least two factors that lead to the need of agility and resilience
- Record how management focuses on directing actions while leadership focuses on impacting experiences.
- Repeat the required shift from management to leadership in order to get autonomy and coherence
- Express how culture relates to organizational resilience
- Identify the 5 domains in Cynefin
- Recognize that different decision-making approaches apply to the different domains
- List at least two differences between robust and resilient systems
- Explain the mindset shift from "viewing the organization as a machine" to "viewing it as a living system"
- List the different elements of ORGANIC agility and repeat the five principles
- Repeat the different organizational archetypes and identify which archetype might fit your team
- Explain the different leadership behaviors
- Describe at least two factors that influence the culture of an organization
ORGANIC agility® provides a new leadership approach, models for cultural change and insights into complexity thinking. It addresses topics that are important to every leader in any organization.
The ORGANIC Leadership® framework helps grow leadership as an organizational capability, rather than personal development of few leaders. This requires everyone to learn how to lead and develop the necessary skills. Thus anyone who is part of a complex project will enjoy learning the foundational elements of ORGANIC agility leadership.
To grow leadership capabilities, we need to start building the ability, in ourselves and others, to see the connections between what we do and the effect that these actions have on our organizational culture, our environment and ourselves as leaders. Becoming a true Strategic Leader will allow you to focus on what matters and equip you to lead a resilient organization.
This course will help you demonstrate proficient comprehension of ORGANIC agility and its core elements.
- Market shifts
- Shifting is inevitable
- Introduction to ORGANIC agility
- What is ORGANIC Leadership
- ORGANIC Leadership behaviors
- Cultural awareness and coherence: how to visualize your organizational culture and make it more coherent (coming soon)
- The Cynefin framework and situational decision-making (coming soon)
The course is designed for:
- Managers. One of your challenges may be overcoming internal resistance to organization-wide agility. This course gives you an introduction to practical tools to support your growth as a leader, and helps you nurture yourself and senior management champions to solidify your efforts.
- Organizational Decision Makers & Change Leaders. Put yourself ahead and discover the joy of taking an active role in sustainable organizational agility. This course helps you learn principles, tools and practices to support your effort of transforming company culture.
- Executives. Finding the time to nurture your own leadership agility and discovering a meaningful role to play in a change initiative is challenging. You desire to be more than just someone who authorizes hiring a consultant or coach. This course can show you the active role you could play in a sustainable agile change.
- Coaches/Consultants. Your challenge is to help clients navigate change initiatives with a focus on the people and mindsets necessary to shift the culture. This course will introduce you to the tools to help enact change, and distinguishes you in the field as someone who is well set on the path to be a true agile leader.
- The Leader in You … in All of Us. Finding out more about your personal leadership style can enlighten you and help you be more empathetic to everyone you encounter.
Background on ORGANIC agility Leadership Foundations
Many companies today are striving to stay on top of rapidly changing business needs and must recognize that rapid adaptation is critical to their success. In this context leaders are required to shift the way they think about their role and move from managing people to enabling the right conditions for good things to happen.
ORGANIC Leadership is a dynamic and adaptable leadership framework, which is based on a scaffolding architecture. It is characterized by having 3 different dimensions: leadership attitude, situational awareness and cultural awareness. Leadership attitude is manifested through behaviors, which might, or not, be appropriate for the situation at hand and/or for the cultural context.
This course equips you to embark on a journey toward leading with agility and championing cultural change in your workplace. You will get a thought-provoking introduction to the foundations of ORGANIC leadership and validate your understanding of how an agile leader is supposed to think and act.
The course is composed of a mix of engaging videos, instructional reading, reflective exercises and interactive quizzes, which aim at stimulating different parts of your brain and thus help you learn more and retain the learning longer. The course includes also a list of downloadable pdfs which you can use as take-away summary and include your own reflections: keep them at hand and re-read them even after the training is completed.
The course represents a milestone in the journey towards a deeper understanding and practical application and will prepare you in taking the next steps, for instance a Certified Agile Leadership® certification.