Scrum Team Training
agile42’s highly interactive introduction to the principles and practices of Agile and the Scrum framework provides an energetic yet deep introduction to Agile and how it works.
We offer this training as an in-person training (2 days)
as well as remote training (usually over 3 days with 5h / day).
Description of the training
Understanding the principles that form the foundation of Agile is at least as important as understanding the practices common to each agile framework, whether Scrum, Kanban or any other framework. The training blends an overview of key principles from Lean and Agile with an in-depth discussion of the four key practices necessary for Agile to work.
After an introduction to Scrum, the most commonly applied agile framework with over 70% of agile projects reporting using Scrum in one form or another, we use a simulation – the Lego Scrum City simulation – to help participants immediately put theory into practice.
The simulation provides vivid and memorable experiences that tightly mirror those that new teams experience when adopting Scrum in real life. Emerging the needs of an agile approach through actual experience is much more powerful than simply describing the process in detail. The simulation locks in the learning and drives a much deeper understanding of why critical agile practices exist. Teams that have experienced this simulation exercise repeatedly draw from their experiences here in the weeks and months that follow.
The content of this training is aligned with the official Certified Scrum Master (CSM) training and can be adapted to your specific needs.
The course is designed for the entire delivery team, including the Scrum Master and Product Owner, but also good for anyone likely to work with or on an agile team. It is ideal for teams or organizations new to Agile who need practical and memorable instruction.
- Understand the principles underlying agile methodologies and how to apply them in a team context
- Connect agile principles to the core lean disciplines and understand how to apply lean and agile principles to software/product development
- Learn about the trends driving agile adoption and the benefits of an iterative and incremental approach
- Gain a common vocabulary and understanding of the Scrum framework
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master, Product Owner and Development Team
- Be able to effectively facilitate Scrum meetings: daily scrum (stand-up), sprint/iteration planning, review and retrospectives
- Be able to apply the Agile & Scrum principles and practices to build a real product
- Work together on an agile team, using the iterative process to rapidly learn and change how the team works
- Attending the entire course qualifies you to receive the Certified Scrum Master certification (on successful passage of the Scrum Alliance CSM online exam), if the training is provided by a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST).