agile42 eLearning Course
Giving and Receiving Feedback
I absolutely love how every bit of the content was so compact yet very essential and easy to understand
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize at least three reasons why feedback is important
- Define the four phases we go through when we receive feedback
- Identify at least two situations when giving feedback is appropriate
- Explain two frameworks to structure proper feedback
- Discuss at least two examples of well crafted feedback and at least one example of poor feedback
- Record at least four suggestions to improve at giving and receiving feedback
The information is presented in a very original way and the modules are nicely broken-down to easily understand each part of the concept.
Feedback comes in many forms. In an agile context, feedback fuels the inspection and adaptation cycle. The more we get used to giving and receiving feedback, the more comfortable we become with it.
This course will help you take a closer look at what it is like to receive feedback, how to give good feedback and when it is most appropriate.
The course is intended for anyone who is curious and wants to become better at giving and receiving feedback: engineers, business analysts, project managers, leaders, but also marketing specialists, data scientists, HR representatives, and other professionals interested in growing as individuals or together with their team.
The course is very useful for Scrum Masters, team leaders, team coaches who want to use the power of feedback to help their teams and organization improve and become more collaborative and effective.
- The Importance of Feedback
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Tips and Tricks for improving with feedback
Background on Giving and Receiving Feedback
Feedback is essential for growth as a person, a team, a product or an organization. However, it's not always comfortable to accept the feedback that we receive, as well as it is far from being easy to offer meaningful feedback.
By completing this course, you will get introduced to the power of feedback and how you can use that power appropriately in service of the people you interact with. You will learn a model which describes what it is like to receive feedback and get a few suggestions to become better at giving useful feedback.
The course is composed of a mix of instructional reading texts, resources, practice recommendations and interactive quizzes, which aim at stimulating different parts of our brain and thus help learn more and retain the learning longer.